Tandem is creating opportunity and sustainable social change by investing in and mentoring social enterprises that pursue innovative and entrepreneurial solutions to social challenges.
Tandem is the first social venture fund in Israel applying business standards to achieve social change, while leveraging an extensive network of entrepreneurs and executives in Israel and the U.S. — as well as a decade of hands-on venture philanthropy experience.
Partnering with IVN’s Tandem Fund means participating in a fund-structured, measurable initiative focused on laying the foundation for the emerging social business sector in Israel, achieving a sustainable social impact (SROI).
Every dollar invested is cycled back through the fund — repaid by the social enterprise, then invested back into other enterprises for a leveraged, long-lasting impact.
IVN’s Tandem Fund is led and managed by principals who have backgrounds in both business entrepreneurship and social change. The IVN Tandem Fund Investment Committee team includes:
- Eric Benhamou — IVN Chairman, CEO of Benhamou Global Ventures, LLC. & former CEO of 3Com & Palm.
- Benny Levin — IVN Vice-Chairman, currently Chairman of dbMotion’s Board of Directors, co-founded NICE Systems and served as NICE’s President & Director, Chairman & CEO.
- Itzik Danziger — IVN Chairman, Chairman of Galil Software, former President of Comverse Network Systems.
- Shuki Erlich — IVN Executive Board Member, active social investor, Managing Director at Giza Venture Capital for 10 years and Amdocs for 15 years.
- Yael Biran — Managing Director of the Israel liaison office of Mintz Levin, corporate attorney for Koor Industries, Inc.,
- Avinoam Armoni — Principle in A. Armoni Consulting Ltd., CEO of Beit Hatfutsot, Vice President for External Relations at Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Vincent Worms — Founded Partech International, served on the board of numerous private and public companies, including Business Objects, Informatica, and Sangstat Medical in the US.
- Elah Alkalay – Vice President of Business Development at IBI Brokerage & Investments
- Vered Livne, M.A. — Executive Director of Hakol Hinuch , IVN Mentor, Management Consultant, former Executive Director of the Kahn Foundation and founding Executive Director of AGENDA.
- Reuven Reif, Esq.
Reuven was a Senior Partner at Goldfarb, Levy, Eran & Co., one of Israel’s leading law firms, until his retirement at the end of 2007 and remains Of Counsel to the firm.
- Brenda Morginstin, M.P.A, M.S.W
With years of experience in management, negotiation and building partnerships for program development with government ministries, public organizations, local government, private funds as well as numerous NGOs, Brenda, is currently a consultant for social service development. Prior to that, Brenda was Director of Service Development Funds at Israel’s National Insurance Institute (NII) and Director of Research, also at the NII.
- Yossi Ben Shalom, B.A., M.B.A.
Prior to co-founding DBSI Investments Ltd., Yossi served as Executive VP and CFO of Koor Industries Ltd. and as Chairman of the Board of Cimatron Ltd. & Pointer Telocation Ltd.
The IVN Tandem Fund is the first social venture fund in Israel that uses business standards to achieve social change. As such, the Tandem Fund is focused on developing new standards in reporting.
Social Return on Investment (SROI) and Return on Investment (ROI) Reporting:
- Annually, based on external well known methodology (GIIR)
- Financial Report: Once a year
- Progress Report: Once a year, based on measurement of key performance indicators
Our investors understand that financial performance goes hand-in-hand with social and environmental responsibility. Their faith in IVN and the Tandem Fund allows us to encourage and nurture Israel’s emerging social business sector and positively influence and shape its social landscape long-term.